- The Equalizer® is a specially designed gimbal and harness set, which allows you to apply maximum pressure to your fish without applying maximum pressure to your body
- The lightweight harness/webbing can be worn all day, then simply slip on the gimbal in seconds when the fish strikes
- Padded with a special material utilising sports medicine technology to give you more comfort and better blood circulation during long fights. The padding is similar in construction to that used in the manufacture of rugby headgear. You will be amazed at the extra pressure you can apply, 30 pounds over the rod tip is as easy as pulling 20 pounds with other systems
- The unique design features eliminate sideways movement of the gimbal when under load, especially in sloppy seas
- Your body weight is used to maximum advantage because the patented recessed gimbal pin is positioned low down and further back than other systems
- Designed and manufactured in New Zealand using the best materials available
- Moulded and contoured padded componentry give you a stronger yet lighter and less bulky harness
- Unlike conventional kidney fighting harnesses the Black Magic Equalizer® divides the strain between the upper thigh/buttocks area and the lower back using innovative twin element padded supports
- The free running lug clips allow the load to be distributed evenly between the two elements of the harness
- By having the angle of pull lower on the angler the pressure applied to the reel lugs is increased by up to 50% without any extra effort
- All sets include: Gimbal, Webbing belt / drop straps, Harness, free carry bag and an instructional “how to use” pamphlet and links to online videos
- Suitable for straight butt and bent butt rods with a bent butt adapter. Alternatively you can use the Twin Pin Pro set which can be used for both a straight butt and a bent butt rod
“The Black Magic Equalizer® gimbal and harness system is without doubt the best on the market. It’s extremely comfortable and significantly reduces strain and fatigue on the angler. One of it’s best features is the fact the angler can comfortably wear the belt without having to wear the gimbal so the angler is ready for the fish to strike and the crew can easily place the gimbal on at the beginning of the fight. Another excellent feature is the fact they’re available in different sizes so you can buy the size that fits you” – Dean Linardos (Hooked Up magazine)
“This is the only gear we dare use when fighting everything from monster black marlin to giant bluefin tuna! We travel all-around the world and though we may fish with rods and reels provided by our hosts, we always bring our own Black Magic belts and harnesses” – Captain Andy LoCascio
“The Black Magic Equalizer® is simply the best harness and gimbal system out there” – Kevin Power (NZ Bay Fisher Magazine)
Getting the most from your Equalizer®
This is the correct posture to take when fish is taking line from your reel.
Note: Knees slightly bent, feet apart. Back is arched so body weight is supported correctly by the harness. Arms should have little strain, as the harness takes all the load, leaving your hands free.
This is the correct technique to lift your fish & gain line once your fish has stopped taking line.
Note: Knees are bent more than illustration 1. Back is still arched and supported by the harness but the load is increased on the harness by effectively ‘sitting’ in it. As you sit in the harness & transfer weight, your rod will lift the fish.
Rod is at its heightened position and is loaded to its full potential. Once you have lifted the fish, wind on line while you lower your rod and then repeat. At all stages you should have the rod slightly bent, thus keeping a constant pressure on the fish.